Security & Network Engineer - Ready for The Next Level?
Join us in shaping the future of insurance
Protector Insurance is the fastest-growing insurance company and the challenger in the Nordic region and the UK. With an ambition to continue to grow in Europe, our in-house IT department of 45 skilled tech professionals’ matters. If you are a passionate security or network engineer, we want you on our team. If being, or becoming, trustworthy, innovative, bold and committed means a lot to you, you will likely fit right in.
- A role as Security & Network Engineer in a team of ambitious and dedicated colleagues.
- Personal development and growth through learning, events, courses, geek-nights and more.
- A fast paced, collaborative environment with an abundance of interesting challenges.
- Possibility for significant influence on security in Protector.
- A top-tier pension plan.
- Central offices in the heart of Oslo, at Aker Brygge.
Role and impact
Your work will help improve and secure our core security- and network infrastructure across 6 countries, and involves active collaboration with business, as well as Developers. You will have responsibility for the company's network and firewall infrastructure, both physical and in GCP. Together with the IT Security Team, you will help plan, implement and maintain security solutions, both physical and virtual.
We think you will fit the role if you
- Have passion and take pride in maintaining technical network and security solutions.
- Have a background working with Cisco/Palo Alto or similar suppliers, both in the networking, firewall and XDR space.
- Have relevant certifications in the network or security space.
- Experience with Cloud platforms and Terraform is a plus.
- Understand advanced networking concepts and protocols.
- Have competency and proven skills in implementing security solutions.
- Stay up to date on technologies, and problem solving in the tech world, and share your ever-growing knowledge with others.
- Speak fluent English or at least one Scandinavian language.
Our main tech stack: GCP | K8s | Cisco | PaloAlto | TerraForm
We're committed to diversity and inclusion, as different backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our team.